[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
thatBreweryGame.com • View topic - Move to new server and other changes

Move to new server and other changes

Game news and announcements

Move to new server and other changes

Postby Robc » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:34 am

On April 3rd the security certificate for this site will expire. It costs me too much to renew it. I also plan to move this website to a lower cost server. Sounds simple enough but I found out today that it is not. Moving a site from a secure server to a non-secure server poses special problems. There is no way for me to automatically redirect users from a secure site to a non-secure site. This means that after April 3rd anybody who uses an old link or bookmark will just get an error when they try to come to TBG... and they probably won't realize that the little "s" in the address is the culprit. Many people will think the site is gone and probably give up, that saddens me. All I can do is hope that as many players as possible log in in the next month and read this message. I have been losing hundreds of dollars per month on this site for the last year because the current server is designed for a much more popular website. I will not sustain this loss.

The site has been moved to the domain name "thatBeerGame.com" just as a temporary placeholder. I own this domain name and it has always been an 'alias' for TBG. After the security certificate expires I will automatically redirect everyone back to the familiar "thatBreweryGame.com" name. This is just a convenient way for me to make the move now and leave the secure server up so as to get the message to as many players as possible. Please spread the word... after April 3 you must use " http://thatbrewerygame.com" to find the game. Do not use "https://thatbrewerygame.com" or you will get a cryptic error message that I cannot control. " http://thatbeergame.com" will work anytime.

Without a security certificate my payment processors will no longer work, therefore the only way to buy label credits from this point on is by spending brew bucks, not real money. If you really really want to send me money for label credits then it can be arranged, send me an email to robc@thatbrewerygame.com.

Due to the amount of activity at my other job as an engineer for the CA Dept. of Water Resources, I haven't made much progress on TBG 2 (or any other game for that matter). I hope to retire in five years and pick up from where I left off at that time. I am sure that technology will be even more advanced by then and hopefully I can put out a game as fun as this one has been.

Thanks everyone who has stuck with me over the years.

Robc.
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Re: Move to new server and other changes

Postby warra48 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:05 am

Unfortunately, the pub doesn't seem to want to load.
Otherwise, it was easy to get to the new site.
warra48

Re: Move to new server and other changes

Postby Robc » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:15 pm

Oops, sorry about that Warra. I have to restart the pub manually and I forgot to do that. Should be working fine now. Auto-bottlers were also not working but should be working now. Robc.
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Return to Announcements