[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
thatBreweryGame.com • View topic - New here need some help

New here need some help

Everything about playing thatBreweryGame

New here need some help

Postby Gollie » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:13 pm

Hello fellow brewers! I am currently trying to see if there is any page with reference to the differences between inputs. say hard vs soft water. is this something that is trial and error or is there a page that lists potential effects inputs may have.
Gollie

Re: New here need some help

Postby Robc » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:17 pm

Welcome aboard Gollie! Sorry for my slow reply but since I went back to work full time I don't check the forums everyday. Many of our players only stop in periodically also because they are waiting for the release of the new version.

Anyway, to answer your question... the game's brewing engine tries to represent brewing as it is in the real world. You will find that soft waters are generally recommended for lagers and harder waters for ales. Whenever you have a question like that you can start first by looking up typical brewing resources for an answer, or if you stay patient some of our hard core brewers here will reply to help you out. As a last rseort you can use trial and error also, pretty much every player has spent some time trying different ingredients and timing to bring their quality scores up.

Thanks for playing!
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Postby warra48 » Mon May 02, 2016 9:13 pm

Gollie,

As a starting point, have a look through the BJCP style guidelines, and try to get as close as possible to those with the ingredients you have in the game. As you unlock more, you can update your recipes and improve quality.

Link here:

http://www.bjcp.org/docs/2015_Guidelines_Beer.pdf
warra48

Postby riverbottom » Sun May 08, 2016 10:10 am

i search recipes on byo and then trial and error different ingredients
riverbottom

Return to Playing TBG