[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
thatBreweryGame.com • View topic - Pub won't load

Pub won't load

Request help with registration, login, labels, or other game issues

Re: Pub won't load

Postby warra48 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:47 pm

Down for me again as well, unfortunately. This is my usual early morning local time session, when I do the bulk of my 6 pak top up, so I can only harvest for my Beer $$. Of course, we have no access to the couch $$, so buying 6 paks is somewhat of a laborious process !

Also, I'm not receiving raffle ticket credits for buying 6 paks or drinking 6 of one label.

1:46 pm Thursday Chicago time.
warra48

Postby Robc » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:10 am

Sorry, I'm not sure why the pub froze up. I have restarted it again and have my fingers crossed.
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Postby warra48 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:32 am

Crossed my fingers too, Rob.

Hope it holds up this time.
warra48

Postby Marcis » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:41 pm

still up and running fine
Marcis

Postby Robc » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:13 pm

Just FYI, the pub software is the only part of the game that must run 24 hours a day. As such it runs in a separate instance from every other part of the game. This game is housed in a very high grade server farm in Chicago with 24 hour technical support... but those folks don't maintain the game itself, just the server hardware and core software. Most routine maintenance activities are benign and the pub server simply restarts itself when it needs to. Every once in a while the server folks will make a change and the pub software cannot restart itself... then I have to intervene and restart the pub server manually. Since I lead a hella busy and hectic life I am not always immediately aware of the problem or in a place where I can fix it. I used to have other software on a different server that detected when the pub was down and sent me an email. For financial reasons I have consolidated and so now I don't get those notices anymore. This is one other aspect of the game that I hope to do better in the new version.

That's probably more than you wanted to know but I thought an explanation might help. So thank you for letting me know by email or by posting here when the pub is down. I usually check it myself 2 or 3 times a day but some days are just bad, I am sure that's true for all of us.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for your loyalty to the game, warts and all, and I hope I can bring you an even better experience in the next version.
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Registration help / Login help / Game issues / Bugs