[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
thatBreweryGame.com • View topic - Happy Thanksgiving event!

Happy Thanksgiving event!

Game news and announcements

Happy Thanksgiving event!

Postby Robc » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:07 am

Thanksgiving is pretty much a US only holiday. Nevertheless, most places around the world have a harvest festival of some sort and so if you hail from outside the US then just think of it as a celebration of the bountiful harvest... and those of you in the Southern Hemisphere... a spring festival!? Well, whatever, do we really need a formal reason to party? I think not with this crowd.

Ok, I'll stop yapping... I know that you all want to know what Clyde has planned for this event. The thing that distinguishes Thanksgiving is eating until you burst, gluttony pure and simple. So Clyde's theme for the holiday is all about serving lots of food in the pub. Pub floor pretzels have been replaced by turkey legs for you to gnaw upon and there are more of them then ever.

Clyde is giving out daily $100 and $500 brew money prizes to the biggest gluttons. Eat 50 or 100 turkey legs before midnight (US Pacific Time) every day to earn the cash. Clyde is also giving daily $100 and $500 brew money prizes to the players who buy the most food for other people too (only $10 meals are counted). The bottom line is that it should be very easy to drink nothing but one minute beers for this entire event and you should be pocketing a nice amount of brew dollars at the same time.

Another important part of the Thanksgiving feast is watching (American) football. To celebrate this tradition Clyde has fixed the remotes so that only American Football games are available for the week. For every game you watch you will be credited with drinking a full 6 pack of beer toward a purple heart. (For game purposes this is 6 individual beers and not the 6-packs that you drink while offline)

Each time you log in to the game you will be assigned a 'special team' from among the NFL and NCAA leagues. If you watch a game with your special team then you will instantly win brew bucks and get an instant purple heart. Don't like your assigned team? Just refresh the game page to get a new one.

NFL teams naturally show up more often than NCAA teams, so the chances of winning are much higher if you watch NFL football in the virtual pub. The prize for watching your special NFL team is an instant $500 brew bucks. If you do get an NCAA team as your special team and manage to win then the prize jumps to $5000 brew bucks. Now that's some serious cash. And to top it all off… at the end of the event the player who watches the most football overall will be awarded $5000 additional brew bucks.
Lastly and to continue in the tradition of all TBG holiday celebrations all Holiday Beers will be half price during keg parties and keg parties are free.

Happy Thanksgiving and remember to Brew Beer, Drink Beer, Play!
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Re: Happy Thanksgiving event!

Postby Robc » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:29 am

And the big winner of an extra $5000 brew bucks is... warra48! with a whopping 701 games watched. Second place went to ScarTron with 497 and third to TrappistTony with 371. The TBG 2014 Thanksgiving event is officially closed now and I hope that everyone had a great time and made some extra brew cash! Next up will be our Winter Holiday/Christmas event so stay tuned for more prizes when it is announced.
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Postby warra48 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:22 am

Rob, many thanks for this interesting event. It's been a very hectic week, but it has been rewarding in many ways other than this win. Lots of figures and collections have moved well forward. I hope it encourages more players to stay involved in this game and help it grow.

Congratulations and well done to the runners up. You'll most likely do better with the Winter/Holiday Christmas event, as I'll be away from home at that time, and competing with mrs warra for time on the laptop.

I probably did have an alleged unfair advantage in some ways, as I could be online from Aus when most of the USA was asleep, and accumulate those remotes with less than normal competition.

In any event, I'm moving ever closer to having sufficient Brew Money to upgrade from Micro to Brewery level.
warra48

Postby ShoreWoodBrew » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:50 pm

Congrats warra, wow! You will soon be brewing 1000 beers at a time :)
ShoreWoodBrew

Postby Robc » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:44 pm

Thanks warra! And no worries about any unfair advantage... you put in the time and the game rewards that! You will actually find that as the pub gets more full that the frequency and size of the prizes increases, it has always been that way. Players who are willing to put in the hours in the wee hours actually have to work a little harder for their scratch. The lack of competition sort of evens it all out in the end of course.

Anyway, I am glad that people are still having fun with the game and new players continue to arrive. I have had to drastically reduce my time both playing and developing the game and I have been a little worried that it would slowly slip into oblivion without constant attention from me. Active players like yourself are the key to TBG now so thanks a lot!
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Postby TrappistTony » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:12 pm

Congrats warra! It was a great event and very profitable! I was able to upgrade to brewery with all the extra cash! Warra did indeed put in the time and the win is much deserved. He also "played well with others" and helped me accumulate more. Looking forward to the next event. Drink on!
TrappistTony

Postby StoutMan » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:13 pm

Congrats to warra and all of the winners, well done!!!
StoutMan

Return to Announcements