[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
thatBreweryGame.com • View topic - Game sabbatical

Game sabbatical

Everything else

Game sabbatical

Postby Robc » Wed May 14, 2014 12:19 pm

Not sure where to post this since it really isn't a game announcement so I think "off-topic" will do.

I wanted to give a short explanation and apology for my 'radio silence' here on the forums and in-game this past week. I confess that in lieu of the annual Game Developer's Conference which I usually attend in March I took the last few days completely off just to play games... sort of a sabbatical to recharge my engines and regain motivation to keep at it despite the long hours. I think that without occasional breaks of this nature that I get myself into a bit of tunnel vision and forget what motivated me to build TBG in the first place... so except for making sure that the game was actually up and running I have paid scant attention to it.

For those of you curious I just scoured the net for free or cheap games in various genre's that I like to play... and I played to my heart's content until the wee hours of the morning. Some of the games were good an some were so-so and all lost my attention after a day or so which is pretty much par for the course for me. Once I figure out the general strategy and motivation behind a title I often lose interest and can't even play it to the endgame. Nevertheless, I love that spark of energy I get when I discover a new title with an interesting twist and the first couple of hours of playtime is usually both fun and educational at the same time. I hope that by doing this I can keep in touch with what motivates people to play and always keep my eye open for opportunities to bring similar gameplay structures into TBG and my other games.

Anyway, cheers and I hope that everyone is still having fun. I expect to be back to the grind stone here in a day or so with a basket of new ideas and a recharged mojo so we can take this game to the next level where it deserves to be.
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Return to Off topic