[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
thatBreweryGame.com • View topic - Next bracket competition

Next bracket competition

Everything about playing thatBreweryGame

Suggestions for future bracket events

This event is special for March Madness and should only run once per year in March
38%
Run this event as often as you can, I don't care when
13%
Run this event with the World Cup (once every 4 years) and every March
25%
Run this event ____ (post your suggestion) and every March
25%
Run this event ____ (post your suggestion) only on rare occasions
No votes
I really don't think this event fits well with TBG so call it good and don't run the event again
No votes
I have no opinion on the matter
No votes

Total votes : 8

Next bracket competition

Postby Robc » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:22 pm

Because this event is proving to be a lot of fun (everyone agree?) I am fairly certain that we will do it every year in March. I think I like the 2 day per round format too even though at first I thought it should be longer. I think the event might be a bit tiring for players if it goes on for too long. That's because playing any game for too long in terms of hours per day is tiring, usually not a good idea, and I don't want to encourage it. Weird for a game maker to say that I know, but I'm human too. Anyway back on topic.

I am thinking about running another bracket competition to coincide with the World Cup group play in June and/or World Cup finals in June/July. I'd like opinions so see the attached poll. If you have other ideas on when this mini-game could run then shout them out!
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Re: Next bracket competition

Postby StoutMan » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:50 pm

How about scoring on how many beers are DRANK in the pub rather than sold? We could run it during World Cup, cut that is only once every 4 years, I'd rather have this be an annual event. I'd like to propose that we do the drinking contest brackets some time during Octoberfest, maybe just before or after the regular Octoberfest promotion in the pub. Kind of like that movie "Beerfest" where the guys train for the drinking contest against the German guys. As always, feedback is welcome, just throwing the idea out there...
StoutMan

Postby Robc » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:05 pm

I like both those suggestions Stout, I hope others will add their centavos and thoughts on the matter. Help me to change TBG to the way you want to play it!
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Postby gray75th » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:36 pm

i think this event should be run 3 times a year. March Madness, December as the Super Beer Bowl, and Like September as World Series of Beer. For the world cup coming up my suggestion is a World Beer Drinking Cup!
gray75th

Postby riverbottom » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:57 am

hate to be a party pooper but i kinda think the bracket should just be for march madness. other contests styles for other events.
riverbottom

Postby Robc » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:07 am

No reason to feel bad about your opinion River, I really want to hear as many ideas and thoughts as possible and I am very glad you expressed it. With only 6 votes I can't say we have any kind of consensus at all so I was already figuring I'd have to make the final call based on what I can actually accomplish. This event required more of my time then I liked so I was leaning toward only doing it in March and doing something completely different during World cup. But I'll confess that Stout's suggestion that we try the variant of beer drank rather than sold caught my attention and still has it. That is an entirely different game and could be fun, to me the question is when would be best to do it.

There are plenty of events on the calendar and I'll try to make sure we always have something new and different to do in game throughout the year. Anyway, this is brainstorming and every thought has merit... I'm glad to hear opinions and suggestions of all flavors and the floor is still wide open for more ideas... just toss em out there and we'll all cogitate on them. Clyde will probably have the final say when we're done anyway. :D
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Postby riverbottom » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:32 pm

when it comes to the world cup the octopus has the final say
riverbottom

Return to Playing TBG