[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
thatBreweryGame.com • View topic - bracket?!

bracket?!

Everything about playing thatBreweryGame

bracket?!

Postby riverbottom » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:04 pm

so its march madness. if i can throw it together would you guys wanna play a TBG bracket? ill take the top 36 beers by sales and make a bracket and we can vote em down to our #1 favorite by rounds?
any ideas? suggestions? help with setting up something since im no programmer?
riverbottom

Re: bracket?!

Postby riverbottom » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:25 pm

top 64 beers (by sales) - everyone that wants to can fill out entire bracket - 2 labels paired against each other (i will seed by top sales vs lowest 1 vs 64, 2 vs 63 etc). # of sales over a 2 day period is the winner of that round (i.e. first round label1 sells 60 bottles - label2 sells 45 bottles - label 1 moves to next round). robc i will need your help getting those numbers, if you would be so kind. ill also need someone to be able to program a clickable bracket so everyone can select teams.....im gettin in over my head i think. maybe for next year robc. unless its not that hard.
riverbottom

Postby riverbottom » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:30 pm

its gonna be too hard to make it available for everyone to fill out a bracket - ill just make one and update it daily for shitzengiggles.
riverbottom

round 1 64 teams

Postby riverbottom » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:41 am

riverbottom

Postby Robc » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:34 pm

I like it River but I think it would need to be over a 1 or 2 week period (rather than 2 days). I know you probably wanted to keep it inside March to go along with March madness but for more players to participate I think they would need a longer play period because real life issues get in the way. If I am wrong about this and you think the two day time frame is important to keep it quick and dirty then let me know because I can see some merit in that also as long as we give players enough time before the tourny starts and we make it clear when each round starts and ends so they can plan for it.

I can certainly provide sales records for any labels over any period you like. I may not be able to automate that right now but I can run the numbers manually once per day if you like. If you send me a better copy of the bracket image by email or attachment then I can host that also so players can read the tournament results better.

I can see this becoming an annual (or perhaps more frequent?) event. I will add appropriate prizes for the winners also... How about that if we fill the entire first round bracket with players (64 entrants) then the prizes will be 1000 brew bucks for winning the first round, 5000 brew bucks to the two finalists, and 3 free label credits for the grand champ? If we don't fill the entire bracket then the grand prize will be 100 brew bucks times the number of entrants (up to $6,400) with 1/2 the grand prize also given to each of the two finalists.

Let's take the next step.

Edit: If we start now it still might take players a week or two to opt-in to play in order to get enough people to make the game worthwhile. One thing I would like to do but maybe not on the first round and that is to get as many players as possible... so if a player has 20 labels they cannot fill the brackets and take 1/3 of the slots. Perhaps a limit on 2 labels per player? Tell me what you think... more players participating would be much more fun then just a few who have a mega number of labels, at least I think so anyway.
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Postby Robc » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:18 pm

Since this topic IS about playing TBG I have moved it from 'off-topic' to here. There is a link in the old forum. Sorry about the confusion.
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Postby Robc » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:45 pm

Linky to possible tourny graphic

-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Postby riverbottom » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:14 pm

i like it. thanks rob. like i said im not much of a programmer. i just wanted to throw something together quick since it was a last minute idea. next year we can have rules and plan it better. just for kicks - if you wanna do prizes im all for it. after all the final decision comes to the boss. basically just to do sales of each label over a 2 day period - im not sure anyone needs to "sign up" or prepare. one thing i thought of after i posted the idea is that for the future maybe people can "sign up each label" but wouldnt be allowed to throw keggers after entered to boost sales for that period. sounds like details we can figure for next year, after we see what we find this year. fair? just a quick thing thrown together for fun. if you wouldnt mind i would like 2-3 day sales numbers for each label here - and for each round after. sorry for the work. ill try to get you a better image by email
riverbottom

Postby Robc » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:04 pm

I'm still a little uncomfortable just taking the labels you have listed in your example River, some people may not want to compete and others may want to. As a highly competitive person myself it took me a few years to realize (and my wife helped teach me) that some people really do NOT want to compete at all, they are more social players so forcing them into the brackets is not very nice. So, I kind of think an informal 'sign up' is required. I have posted an announcement to try and get people to join the competition and tentatively we can start it a week from today. Sound ok to you?

And yes, I will probably turn off keggers for the duration of the event. I think it is a reasonable compromise.
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Return to Playing TBG