[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
thatBreweryGame.com • View topic - Game Engine Quality Adjustment: Roasted Barley

Game Engine Quality Adjustment: Roasted Barley

Everything about playing thatBreweryGame

Game Engine Quality Adjustment: Roasted Barley

Postby Robc » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:44 pm

Special thanks to StoutMan who called to my attention recently that we did not have unmalted roasted barley as an ingredient in the game. Doh!!

This oversight is now fixed with the caveat that the ingredient is included as an adjunct and will only have little to no affect on the sugar content of the mash and the final ABV. When I do a brewing engine rewrite the sugar contribution of adjunct grains will be handled better.

Nevertheless, the game's quality algorithm has been modified and failure to include this important grain where it is expected could result in quality penalties that you haven't seen in the past. More specifically:

Failure to include at least one of the following: Roasted Malt, Roasted Barley, Black Malt, and/or Brown Malt in Porters, Stouts, and Scotch Ales will result in an increased and substantial quality penalty.

Failure to include Roasted Barley in Stouts and Scotch Ales will result in a small quality penalty.

Inclusion of Roasted Barley in various dark beer styles may provide a small quality boost.

As always I invite your comments and help in helping me to tweak the game's quality algorithms so that I can come as close to real world brewing as I possibly can. Thanks.

PS. The roasted barley unlock is fairly quick to earn and most of you will earn it very soon, remember that almost all unlocks occur when you interact with other players in the pub so pop in and hang out for a bit and I am sure you will get the unlock soon.
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Return to Playing TBG