[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
thatBreweryGame.com • View topic - Game Engine Quality Adjustment: English Barleywine

Game Engine Quality Adjustment: English Barleywine

Everything about playing thatBreweryGame

Game Engine Quality Adjustment: English Barleywine

Postby riverbottom » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:47 pm

robc,
i hope its just me but maybe you can revisit the settings for english barleywine at some point. normally i have a quality well above 650 on all my recipes - this one however has eluded me for over a year. i am having trouble even hitting 300, after many many recipe tweaks.
riverbottom

Re: Game Engine Quality Adjustment: Rauchbier

Postby Robc » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:11 am

Sorry for my slow reply River... this forum is supposed to send me emails when new posts arrive but I guess that I can't rely on that. I been super busy this summer. Anyway, I will look into English Barleywine right away and post back my findings. Thanks for reporting a possible problem.
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Re: Game Engine Quality Adjustment: English Barleywine

Postby Robc » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:46 pm

Looks like I goofed up pretty seriously again... I am glad you are keeping me honest. The complexity of brewing is amazing especially when you try to teach it to a computer. Anyway, the fault in this case is definitely mine.

I added the barleywine styles at the same time as the sour styles. In the process of creating the new quality algorithms I made a last minute decision to replace Gueuze with an English Barleywine (split off from the American Barleywine style). My mistake was that I still left the 'sour' requirements and other recipe info associated with a Gueze attached to the style... so unless you chose to make a sour barleywine you would be penalized heavily. My bad. I have removed the sour requirements which should make a huge difference in your quality. The American Barleywine style was not affected by this problem.

Furthermore...

I modified the hop character of the English Barleywine algorithm to be closer to the Old Ale style and to reflect that the English style is less hoppy than the American style.

I modified the algorithms' expected grain bill to be closer to the Old Ale style.

Not much I can do to make up for my mistake in the past batchs but I will do the following for you River and anybody else who has an English Barleywine label. First I have reset your "New Release Party" flag so you can have a new release party when you get the quality where you want it. Second I will adjust the beer quality in your cold storage to match the quality in your first (or one of your early) batches which should bring your quality score up considerably and you won't suffer from the averaging effect of adding new beer to old. Remind me please to do this when you have a batch quality you think is good enough, thanks.

Thanks again River, I am in your debt for calling my attention to an important problem in the code.
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Postby riverbottom » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:13 pm

robc, in order not to delay this any more i will be happy to use the recipe used in my latest batch (currently in conditioning room) for whatever adjustment you need to make. thank you for the fix.
riverbottom

Postby Robc » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:12 pm

Based on your last batch I have adjusted your English Barleywine beer quality to 700. :D
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Return to Playing TBG