[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
thatBreweryGame.com • View topic - TBG Events to match Sports Events

TBG Events to match Sports Events

Everything about playing thatBreweryGame

What sports events deserve a matching TBG event?

Hockey Stanley Cup - April
7%
NCAA March Madness - March
29%
NCAA Football Playoffs (prev Bowl Games) December-January
7%
NBA Playoffs April-May
No votes
NFL Superbowl
21%
MLB Post Season September - October
No votes
MLB World Series October
14%
MLS Playoffs - November
No votes
World Cup Soccer June - July (every 4 years)
21%

Total votes : 14

TBG Events to match Sports Events

Postby Robc » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:33 pm

I started work on a World Cup event for TBG but it quickly grew more complicated than I wanted it to be and so I have temporarily shelved it. As I have been thinking about how to find a simpler format and revive this event I have also grown interested in finding an event format that will serve the other sports teams we highlight in the game collections. I have set a goal for myself to make these events fun and to structure them in a way that requires participants to post and participate more in these forums and I have several approaches that I am already looking at to achieve just that. I don't really want to share my thoughts until they solidify a little better and until I know I can pull them off so I am sorry to tease you but I'll be silent about the actual structure of any event for now. By all means share anything you may have thought of along these lines though if you like... nothing is set in stone until I make it happen here so shout out.

In the mean time I am also in a bit of a quandary as to which sport events deserve to be matched with a special TBG event and here I can definitely use your help. Please tick off every event in the poll above and/or post any I might have missed. As of right now I have to exclude the NASCAR events for technical and copyright reasons but maybe someday I will come back to them too.

I will say that the degree of enthusiasm shown here will go a long way toward determining my project schedule this coming year. I was thrilled with the energy level we generated during the March Madness event and I want to recapture that but at the same time I think I may be better off spending my time concentrating on virtual brewing, making the game better, and attracting more brewers to play than in designing one-off events. I take cues from the players and your input will help me to focus, thanks.

I should note that I am not intending to exclude sports from around the world by any means. Although I watch a lot of English Premier league soccer I know that most US players do not. As our world game populations wax and wane I will look for opportunities to bring in leagues from other countries. I need a critical mass of dedicated players from overseas before I will take the time however. I am also shying away from the Olympics and other international events right now although they could also be added at some time in the future.
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Return to Playing TBG