[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
thatBreweryGame.com • View topic - Big Brew Day May 3

Big Brew Day May 3

Everything about playing thatBreweryGame

Big Brew Day May 3

Postby StoutMan » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:46 pm

Was thinking that with next Saturday, May 3 being AHA Big Brew Day, we should somehow observe this on the game. Robc, how about half price contracts for the entire weekend (some of us may be tied up on the afternoon of May 3 with actual home brewing events/demos), and perhaps some other enhancements of your choice to incentivize brewing activity? Maybe a price promotion on new labels (2 for 1, or buy 3 get 1 free?) during this limited time window and a prize for the top 3 labels that yield the highest quality scores? Or if the price promotion opens up a can of worms with respect to people that have recently purchased, then how about a free label credit for the top (1, 2, or 3) quality scores for new labels only? Open to suggestions, trying to come up with something that is easy for Robc to implement and is fun for all players. Thoughts?
StoutMan

Re: Big Brew Day May 3

Postby Robc » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:00 pm

Agree we should do something and I am a bit buried at the moment, nevertheless we will do something so I'd like to hear as many ideas as possible. With label credits being so cheap now I am going to give them away less often, so probably not part of the prize package this go around. How about free keggers plus a 50% increase in batch size all day (weekend?) and double batch quantities for players with at least one paid label?
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Postby gray75th » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:19 am

Rob,
I think that would be great! I think on label credits it should be a bigger event for example like the march madness contest we just finished. Just my 2 cents anyway, :lol: 8-)
gray75th

Postby StoutMan » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:27 am

Sounds good Robc! I would still like to find a way to incorporate contract brewing into this since Big Brew Day typically brings brewers together to educate each other. I also believe it is a great opportunity to expose some of the newer players to the benefit of contracts. Potential suggestions could be 1/2 price or even free contracts and/or increased output volume as an incentive to contract. That being said, I don't know how complicated it would be to do this, so if it's a royal PITA, then so be it. Just my 2 cents.
StoutMan

Postby Robc » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:37 pm

All right, it was actually easier to change contracting then batch size... the event is posted in the announcements now. Thanks Stout! I think this could be a fun weekend.

I got the all clear from my Doctor btw yesterday and I can now drink again! (in moderation) I haven't had a beer since December and I am long overdue, not sure what will be my first but I assure you that it will be extraordinary no matter what!
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Postby TonyLamm » Sun May 04, 2014 10:35 pm

as a fairly new player, so to speak, I appreciate the incentive to contract because I didn't know about contracting until this weekend. So a great big THANKS!
TonyLamm

Return to Playing TBG