[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
thatBreweryGame.com • View topic - March Madness Round 5

March Madness Round 5

Game news and announcements

March Madness Round 5

Postby Robc » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:09 am

The 5th and final round of our first annual March Madness bracket competition is underway! You can see the game and track your progress against your opponent(s) at the following links:

To move on to the next round you must sell more beer than your opponent in the chart in the 48 hours starting at midnight tonight (Pacific Time). Keggers are shutoff during this event and six pack sales are not counted. You will find all the game rules, the game schedule, and prizes at this thread

Competing labels will be marked with a yellow ribbon in the player menu (the list of beer available when you click their name in the pub) and also it will show on the 2-hr "Sales" tab on the game page. The labels are not marked in the full beer pull down list or elsewhere in the game. I will try to update the score approximately once every 12 hours so you can see your sales and how you stand against your opponents. Although these ribbons are appearing now, the actual beer sale count does not start until the stroke of midnight and will end at the stroke of midnight 2 days from now.

Brew beer, drink beer, play!
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Re: March Madness Round 5

Postby ShoreWoodBrew » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:16 am

Congratulations to Stoutman and BaronKanga for advancing to the finals. Long road to the top. Good luck to both of you! Cheers
ShoreWoodBrew

Postby gray75th » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:52 pm

Good luck Stout and Baron.
gray75th

Postby riverbottom » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:37 pm

everyone please vote on robc's poll regarding how often we should hold tournaments like this. it is located in the march madness round 2 thread.
riverbottom

Postby Robc » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:56 pm

Yes please, I'd really love feedback on the event and how frequently it should run. here is al ink to the poll

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=77&view=viewpoll
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Postby BaronKananga » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:18 pm

Sadly, the finals have been scheduled at a time when I am basically away from my computer for two days. Realistically, Stout and his delicious British Bulldog have this locked up, as I am literally unable to put in a showing of more than a couple minutes at a time. But thanks to everyone who drank Water into the Championship match. I'm truly sorry that I couldn't put in a good showing in the match, but the reality of life does, sometimes, get in the way of selling virtual beer. Please do drink 6 Waters in my absence if you are so inclined. I had a blast getting this far!
BaronKananga

Postby Robc » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:10 am

Well Baron, I think that real life priorities have to take precedent so I salute you on keeping your priorities straight. There will be more opportunities in future to compete. You have plenty of reasons to stand proud of your performance in this competition and second place has a pretty nice prize to boot.

The 24 hour results are up!
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Postby Robc » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:34 am

I would have to say that we had a somewhat anti-climactic finish to an otherwise very exciting event. However nothing can be taken away from our top 4 beer labels in this competition and each one of you has shown your mettle in the art of selling beer! Congratulations to StoutMan, BaronKananga, and gray75th for finishing in the top 3 positions! The results are posted in the link above. I will post your prizes a little later in the day today.

I still have not made any decision on when the event will be run again and in what form. Suffice it to say that it will definitely be run again since everyone had so much fun! I would still love to hear everyone's feedback in the following poll and thread.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=77&view=viewpoll
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Postby BaronKananga » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:56 am

Congratulatons, Stoutman! I wish I'd been more available to give you a run for your money, but I think I would have had a hard time selling more than you in any circumstance. You are a worthy champion, and I salute you!

Also, big thanks to River for proposing the idea for the bracket competition, and especially to Robc for all the time and effort to put it all together and for putting up such great prizes. $3200 brew bux will go a long way towards my goal of expanding to full brewery! Thanks, River and Robc!
BaronKananga

Postby ShoreWoodBrew » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:40 pm

Congrats to Stout, Baron, and Gray!!!
ShoreWoodBrew

Next

Return to Announcements