[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
thatBreweryGame.com • View topic - Manage your label sales better!

Manage your label sales better!

Game news and announcements

Manage your label sales better!

Postby Robc » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:23 am

You now have a new option for managing your pub label sales. There are occasions when a player wants to sell more of a specific label and less of some others and until now that was nearly impossible to manage. A great example is the ongoing bracket competition. Players with more labels were actually hurt in the competition by having too many labels. That's because players in the pub who were essentially unaware of the contest (or not inclined to support the participants) would buy any beer that comes up in a player's list rather than focusing on the contest labels.

Now you can partially control pub sales by hiding some of your labels while in the pub. Players can still find and buy all of your beers from the big drop down list but when they click on your name they will not see labels that you don't want them to see and can focus on buying only the beer you want them to buy. This new feature should also help players manage their beer sales during keggers or events (eg. new release parties). To hide a label simply check the box(es) that now appears on your 'My Labels' page.

Just remember to turn sales of all of your labels back on again after the event or your overall beer sales could suffer very badly.
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Re: Manage your label sales better!

Postby riverbottom » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:35 pm

sweet...this could also help when trying to sell off a label that is about to expire. nice addition robc
riverbottom

Postby StoutMan » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:22 pm

Great addition! I purposely allowed two of my labels to go out of stock to reduce the available choices during March Madness. Now I can release them and use the new feature. Bravo!
StoutMan

Postby Robc » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:03 pm

Glad you like it, I definitely saw the need for this enhancement and it was easy to pull off.

Let me throw out one suggestion to everyone on a good way to use it. If you want players to drink one particular label it might not be a good idea to turn off all of your labels except that one. I recommend turning off all but four labels. That's because the player pub menu's first page always tries to show four labels that have beer available. As long as your target label is in the top four it will always show to players. This way they still have 3 other labels to choose from after they limit on your target. If you were to only have the one label turned on then they will not find any more of your beer and probably move on to someone else. Of course during a kegger when there are no limits then this suggestion is not necessary. I know this could be resolved with a 'target me' check box on the labels and maybe someday I will have such a thing but not just now.
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Return to Announcements