[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
thatBreweryGame.com • View topic - March Madness Round 1

March Madness Round 1

Game news and announcements

March Madness Round 1

Postby Robc » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:39 am

The first round of our first annual March Madness bracket competition starts in approximately 4 hours. As I mentioned in another thread, we had a great response to this idea and special thanks to riverbottom for getting the ball rolling. When the dust settled we had 38 labels submitted for the competition and 32 of them were chosen for the bracket. If you submitted more than 3 labels then your fourth and higher labels were bumped from the competition. Everyone who submitted three labels or more had their third label put into a hat. If you indicated to me in your original post that I should bump your entries to accommodate other players then your second label entry was also put into the same hat.

When new competition entries arrived I pulled a label from the hat and that label was 'bumped' from the competition in favor of the new player. The 'bumped' labels were gbeam's Fancy Red, riverbottom's Apple Raisin Saison, ScarTron's Neurotic Cyborg, gbeam's Kolsch by gbeam, ShoreWoodBrew's Schnitzengiggles Eisbock and Poopman's Montezuma's Revenge. Do not worry, there will be more opportunities to enter these labels again in future. After I identified all of the participating labels then they were randomly sorted to determine the final pairings. You can see the game and track your progress against your opponent(s) at the following links:

To move on to the next round you must sell more beer than your opponent in the chart in the 48 hours starting at midnight tonight (Pacific Time). Keggers will be shutoff during this event and six pack sales are not counted. You will find all the game rules, the game schedule, and prizes at this thread

Competing labels will be marked with a yellow ribbon in the player menu (the list of beer available when you click their name in the pub) and also it will show on the 2-hr "Sales" tab on the game page. The labels are not marked in the full beer pull down list or elsewhere in the game. I will try to update the score approximately once every 12 hours so you can see your sales and how you stand against your opponents. Although these ribbons will start appearing very soon (when I upload the patch), the actual beer sale count does not start until the stroke of midnight and will end at the stroke of midnight 2 days from now.

Since this is our first run through an event of this nature there may be a need for adjustments as we proceed. The most important thing is to have a blast! This is a friendly competition and I trust everyone will be good sports and play fair. We have the best players here at TBG compared to almost any other online game I can think of and so I am sure all will be well.

Brew beer, drink beer, play!
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Re: March Madness Round 1

Postby Robc » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:39 pm

The opening intermediate results are in! Please refer to the links in the thread starter post (above) to see the intermediate results. Please do not expect this data to be updated every 6 hours, I will try to update it every 12 hours throughout the entire competition. I did want to get the first results up early though to test my scoring algorithm and show you how to track your progress. All seems to be working well so far... so sell more virtual beer and win some great stuff!

In the 'rules' thread I also posted that the prize package now includes a statement to the effect that the two game finalists will get to keep their yellow ribbons on the labels for 90 days following the event. This will make it clear to everyone that your virtual beers rocked the house! Cheers.
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Postby riverbottom » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:39 pm

oh man i got a crap first round draw. if i win both i end up playing myself in the next round. luck of the draw......or maybe ITS RIGGED! haha. good luck to all.
riverbottom

Postby Robc » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:30 pm

Lol, River. Yeah I realized that some pairings might result in people playing themselves. Random draws can be evil.
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Postby Robc » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:37 am

Day 1 of the first round of our March Madness competition is complete and the results are posted (see link in thread starter above). Five races are within 20 points of each other and the competition is fierce! Remember you only have another 24 hours to lock in a win in round 1 and collect your first batch of prize money. I will post one more intermediate update around noon today and the final results on Monday and players will have the rest of the day on Monday to prepare for the next round.
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Postby Robc » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:18 pm

The 36 hour results are posted, now sprint to the finish! 12 hours left to go in round 1. Do not doubt that your opponent can rack up a lot of sales in the next 12 hours. So now is the time to lock in your victory and move to the next round.
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Postby Robc » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:18 am

Spectacular! With some races coming down to a single beer deciding the winner, I couldn't have scripted it better. The final results are posted and we are preparing for round 2.

Congratulations to the winners and so sorry to those who didn't make it. We will definitely do this more often so you will get a chance at revenge!

EDIT: Oh and I just awarded $100 brew cash to the winning brewers for each winning label. Good job!
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Return to Announcements