[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
thatBreweryGame.com • View topic - Future plans for TBG

Future plans for TBG

Game news and announcements

Future plans for TBG

Postby StoutMan » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:09 am

RobC, I hope all is well with you and your family! I check back in here from time to time just to see if anything new has transpired. Are there any plans to upgrade the game in the near future? I know you were busy working full time, is there still a chance you will rejuvenate the game once you retire? If so, what are the possible timelines? Just wondering what your future plans are regarding any potential improvements to TBG. I miss the game and hope that one day it can become as fun as it once was, but I understand the commitment that entails and respect whatever decisions you make regarding the future. Thanks in advance for any insight you are able to provide at this time.
Cheers!
StoutMan

Re: Future plans for TBG

Postby Robc » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:30 pm

Stoutman...
I am so sorry for the long wait for a reply. I do still plan to revive this game yes, and to build a new and much better version also. And yes I cannot really commit to that time commitment until I retire. My schedule for retirement is 12-24 months from now. Upon retiring I will probably take 6 months to a year to travel and have a little fun and then I will roll up my sleeves and get to work on TBG. I know this has already been a terrible long time to wait and it seems even longer with these statements. Nevertheless, I have just contracted with a new server company for the game and will migrate the game to it over the next week or so. And because all of the underlying technology that the game depends on... such as the database system, the Apache, and PHP software systems, are much newer now I will have to dive into the code a bit to make sure it all continues to work. I offer that as proof that I am not planning to just walk away from it. I cannot predict the future with 100% accuracy but I do hope to turn this into a vibrant community once again. I have noticed over the last few years that there have been other brewery games on the market but they are all more of an arcade style rather than a simulation like TBG. So I do have some hope that a large enough audience will be available to support it when the time comes. Thanks for your long term commitment to the game, its players like you that have kept me from just pulling the plug when life got difficult for me. Hopefully I will give you even more hopeful posts in the months to come. Robc.
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Re: Future plans for TBG

Postby Robc » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:54 pm

Topic moved to announcements and stickied.
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Return to Announcements