[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
thatBreweryGame.com • View topic - Holiday event starts!

Holiday event starts!

Game news and announcements

Holiday event starts!

Postby Robc » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:50 pm

Our winter holiday special event is up and running and "Santa Clyde" is giving away more free stuff! I personally celebrate Christmas, but whether you celebrate Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, "Festivus" or perhaps you just celebrate the discovery of the south pole on December 14th (1911) or Ludwig von Beethoven's birthday on December 16th (1770) the premise is the same... we all want to celebrate and have a good time this time of year.

This year's holiday party will be smaller than in past years and if you want to know why then check out this . Clyde will be giving away free stuff in the pub and you can collect candy canes to win brew cash. Also keg parties are free and holiday labels are half price.

I want to wish all TBG players and their families the best during this special time of the year! Brew beer, drink beer, play!
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Re: Holiday event starts!

Postby StoutMan » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:09 pm

I have mixed emotions on the recently announced plans for TBG, but realize they are necessary and that the long-term future of the game will be better once the new version is developed. I also understand that Robc is juggling the time commitments of a full-time gig along with keeping up with the demands of this game, and certainly deserves a much-needed break from the grind to relax and recharge. Rob, if there's anything I can do to lighten your load, please don't hesitate to ask!

I believe morale in the game has suffered though, the lack of activity in the pub since the announcement is noticeable and disappointing. Perhaps everyone is just busy with the holidays approaching, but I'm thinking that a commitment to the current longtime players would help, I specifically hope an option to keep all current labels will be retained in TBG2.

I hope others will post here with suggestions and feedback. A year is a long time, and I hope the game won't fizzle out while TBG2 is being developed. I'm here for the long haul, this is the only online game I play!

Robc, thanks for your dedication to the game and its players, and for keeping us informed; the transparency is appreciated.

Happy Holidays to everyone at TBG and Best Wishes for the New Year.
StoutMan

Re: Holiday event starts!

Postby Robc » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:13 am

Thanks Stout. I knew there was a lot of risk to make this announcement but in the interest of staying as honest as I can with the players I decided to do it. I could silently work in the background to make the new game and I have already done a little of that but my conspicuous absence and the lack of maintenance on TBG would also have an effect.

I have struggled to convert TBG to a mobile platform and made promises I couldn't deliver on in that respect. After an overly long period trying I decided it was better to use my time more effectively to make a better game than to try to convert this one. There will be some pain in the transition. For those like yourself who have invested so much time and money there is just no getting around that and that irks people as well it should. I think that your label images will certainly transfer but anything related to existing progress on your labels might or might not. I believe that if I do a good job that the new game will be equally or hopefully so much more compelling that players who are unhappy about the announcement will return and find it fun to regrow their labels and new breweries in the new environment.

The bottom line is as you say, there is no choice. I firmly believe that or I would not have made the decision.

Happy holidays to all!
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Return to Announcements