[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
thatBreweryGame.com • View topic - The Future...

The Future...

Game news and announcements

The Future...

Postby Robc » Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:30 pm

I am not sure if anyone is still viewing this forum, but in case you are, I thought that a discussion of the future of TBG is long overdue. The world is definitely a different place now compared to when this game was conceived, developed, and launched. I am proud of it, and I know I still have several extremely loyal players who are still logging in every week even after this long period of inactivity on my part. I know that TBG has felt like "abandonware" and I am sorry. But let's move on.

In January this year I retired from my day job. That job entailed a great deal of responsibility and took all of my time. It also set me up for a relatively comfortable retirement though, so it was necessary. I am now on a fixed income which means less money in the door, but much more time available to do the things I love, including and especially game development. We have this new concept now called "crowd funding" too which opens huge possibilities. Well, its been around a while, but it was not around when TBG was first developed. I wonder if there would be support for a revival of this game, probably a complete "re-do" as in the previously announced "TBG2"? I am happy to see so many independent lone wolf developers out there who have made seriously awesome games on a shoestring budget.

Before I commit, I must also say that I have already been approached by a publisher with the outside possibility that I will lead the game design for a different game altogether, something outside the brewery realm. Where this is going and how much of a time commitment is still very much up in the air. I am honored that my work is recognized though! We'll see how it all plays out.

So those are my thoughts about the future... I will be taking a couple of months to relax a bit and to come down from the hectic pace that I was following last year. After that I will create and publish a road map for this game. One option is to close it down. I would be sad to do that given the loyalty of so many of you, but I don't want to lead you on either about the future if in fact there is no future for this game. So if you are listening, let's talk about it. Either post here for all to see and discuss or send me an email at robc@thatbrewerygame.com. Thanks.

Robc.
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Re: The Future...

Postby StoutMan » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:47 pm

Please bring back the game! I've actually met a few friends in here and I'll bet we could get a reunion scheduled with the likes of Joplin, River, ScarTron, and GBeam. I'm sure there are more that would come back if the game is rejuvenated. I'm also working for a brewery now and am certain I could bring in some new blood.
StoutMan

Postby Robc » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:24 am

Awesome Stoutman! Thanks for checking back in and bringing up some classic names of people who used to play. That's great that you are working for a brewery too. I spend more time drinking at them now then working, but I still get back out onto the production floor once in a while since I have kept up my friendships with a few of the owners.

I hope to hear from other old TBG players too if any more of you are out there?

Robc.
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Postby Robc » Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:34 pm

I just discovered a new game on Steam. Have any of you tried Brewmaster: Beer Brewing Simulator? It appears to have a strong developer team and graphic art well beyond what I am capable of doing. I am thinking that they will steal your hearts when it comes to simulating the brewing process. On steam you can try a game for two hours and get fully refunded if you don't like it. So, I say to give it a try. I am not certain that it is worth it for me to try and revive this game with that sort of quality game out there. I hope everyone is well and I welcome your thoughts.
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Postby warra48 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:27 am

Hi Rob,
As you will be aware, I've continued to frequent this game on a daily basis now for many years, and very much appreciate you leaving it as an ongoing game to date.
I was looking forward to seeing TBG2 implemented, but I understand this may be too difficult now considering the many years since this game was first released.
Over the last year we have been preoccupied with an interstate move, which required much of our energy and resources, firstly to ready and sell our previous home, then to locate and buy our new home and move in and establish it to our own needs. I have only just resumed homebrewing after about 18 months hiatus.
I haven't checked out the game you have linked, but will look into it now we are more settled.
Rob, all the best in your retirement and my best wished for the future.
Thanks, Rob (And yes, conicidentally, I really am also a RobC)
warra48

Return to Announcements