[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
thatBreweryGame.com • View topic - Beer color chemistry webinar

Beer color chemistry webinar

Ask questions, get advice, discuss brewing issues, share success stories

Beer color chemistry webinar

Postby Robc » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:00 pm

I am a regular follower of the American Chemical Society webinars. Dr. Charlie Bamforth does lectures for this group periodically and several times per year you will find some interesting webinars on beer and wine making. This one is upcoming on the chemistry of beer color. These webinars are usually worth joining.

http://acswebinars.org/red-white-beer
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Re: Beer color chemistry webinar

Postby Stan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:49 pm

Dr. Bamforth is one of the most intelligent people I've ever heard speak, in general. His knowledge and understanding of everything beer is unparalleled, in my humble opinion. Beyond that, he's got ridiculous charisma. Any chance to hear him speak will make you smarter. If my schedule permits, I'm going to be all over this.

Furthermore (forgive me if it's been mentioned otherwise), hit and check out the books. Amazing information.
Stan

Postby Robc » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:16 pm

I am very fortunate to have met the man. I live near Davis, CA and I think it was at picnic day, or one of the open houses that the campus periodically throws, or maybe it was the Davis beer festival? Anyway, it was a while ago so I can't remember exactly what the situation was. I also was less connected to brewing then I am now so I didn't know his work all that well at the time. He doesn't know me from beans since it was just a face in the crowd sort of thing but that's no matter. I do get more than my fair chance to see his lectures since I live so close.
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Postby Robc » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:22 pm

Bump. Don't forget this is tomorrow if you are going to attend.
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Return to Discussion