[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
thatBreweryGame.com • View topic - Label renewal

Label renewal

Request help with registration, login, labels, or other game issues

Label renewal

Postby BaronKananga » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:43 pm

Robc,
I just renewed a label for the first time. It was due to expire in early May (May 2, I think?), but I was responding to the "expiring soon" warning. When I renewed the label, it now indicates that it expires on April 9, 2015. Shouldn't my renewal have added a year from the previous expiration date (ie, May 2, 2015), rather than resetting the expiration date for a year from today? My label would have been good for 3+ more weeks if I'd simply waited until the last day to renew it. I'm sure you don't mean to penalize us for renewing early. Just wanted to bring it to your attention. Thanks, as always, for a fun game and for your constant emphasis on improving the experience for everyone.
BaronKananga

Re: Label renewal

Postby Robc » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:49 pm

I absolutely wrote the code to extend your label one full year and not penalize you. I am not happy (with myself) on your report because I know it was working correctly at one time anyway. I will investigate and fix it immediately. I will also check every renewal that has been done to make sure others didn't get screwed as well. Thanks for calling it to my attention Baron. PS. I will move this thread to the 'game issues' forum, thanks.
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Label renewal extensions

Postby Robc » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:12 am

As most of you know, I don't screw around when it comes to playing fair...

Thanks to BaronKananga for discovering this problem with label renewals. I believe that last year while I was fixing an error caused by what is termed the '2038 time bug' which is inherent in the coding language that I screwed up the renewal algorithm such that renewing labels before their expiration date could cause the loss of up to a month on your label expiration. Rather than try and figure out exactly how much time was or was not lost in every transaction I have simply added 30 days to every label that was renewed sometime in the last year. Eighty labels have been extended by 30 days as of this evening. And the problem is fixed now so it should not recur.

Thanks again Baron for catching the problem!
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Postby riverbottom » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:32 pm

so do we all owe baron $3 ?
riverbottom

Postby Robc » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:58 pm

Lol... That's up to him but I'm guessing if you buy him a beer in the pub that it might just cover it :D
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Postby BaronKananga » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:27 pm

Vote for my Imperial IPA in the style contest and we're even! :D
BaronKananga

Return to Registration help / Login help / Game issues / Bugs