[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
thatBreweryGame.com • View topic - Issue with judging contest

Issue with judging contest

Request help with registration, login, labels, or other game issues

Issue with judging contest

Postby StoutMan » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:14 pm

robc, just wanted to bring this to your attention, please check the status of the judges ability to cast votes. It appears that no judges have voted yet, but only ScarTron has the Points Not Awarded Yet designation under her name. I tried to vote today, but do not have the ability to do so, despite not having voted yet. Let me know if you can reset this so Barleyman and I can cast our votes in the current contest. Thanks in advance for looking into this issue.
StoutMan

Re: Issue with judging contest

Postby Robc » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:42 am

Bah, my fault. Ever since the special Oktoberfest contest the "automatic award code" seems to have stopped working. It works perfectly on my test server but for the last few real contests I have had to manually award to the winner. After I do that I also have to go in and change the database in several places to clear out the old contest and judge status. I forgot to clear one column and so if you were a judge in the previous contest the game thought you already voted... anyway, judging for this contest should be fixed now. As for the next contest award and the underlying problem... I have put in a bunch of new log entries so hopefully on the next contest award I'll get some clue as to why my perfectly good code is not doing its job on the main server...

probably more than you wanted to know about it but oh well.
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Re: Issue with judging contest

Postby Robc » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:50 pm

Lol, it probably doesn't matter to anyone but me but it is amazing how leaving an issue alone for a few days and then returning to it can give you a new perspective. After I replied here I thought of what might be the problem with the contest code and just a few minutes later I am pretty darn sure that I have permanently solved this bug. Woot! Thanks Stout!
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Return to Registration help / Login help / Game issues / Bugs