[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
thatBreweryGame.com • View topic - glitch?

glitch?

Request help with registration, login, labels, or other game issues

glitch?

Postby riverbottom » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:11 pm

never saw this before but today in the pub TrappistTony requested a contract from me and i accepted - he then left the pub and i assumed he wasnt coming back so i started brewing a batch of my own - upon his return he began brewing the contract in the middle of my brew and at the end of his brew i got 2 notifications for contract achievements and somehow i was credited with brewing a contract brew. (prior to today i only had 1 contract in my stats - i now have 2). i have yet to see if this affects my brew in any way. but maybe something that was just a one time anomaly with him leaving the pub after contract was accepted and me brewing before he started the brew. i really dont know what more to report to help with this one robc.
riverbottom

Re: glitch?

Postby TrappistTony » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:49 pm

Actually, I was setting up the recipe for the Holiday Ale, so I guess the contract was still valid as I was in "brew mode".
TrappistTony

Postby riverbottom » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:24 am

maybe that will help you pinpoint the issue (if there is one) - that he didnt log off her merely left the active pub after accepting contract. hope that helps a little robc
riverbottom

Postby Robc » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:07 am

My error log recorded a whole string of errors regarding this transaction including a standard "contract failed to execute" error. Thanks for letting me know what happened from your two perspectives. I am investigating it now. I don't think that I anticipated the scenario you described so I'm not surprised that the code had a minor meltdown.

What does surprise the hell out of me is how the contract reversed itself and credited to you River... I am at present at a complete loss as to how that happened. The contract should have terminated cleanly when either of you left the pub but it obviously did not.

So for the fix...
I have uncredited you with the contract River and you don't get an increase in yield on your batch, sorry about that.
I have credited Trappist with the contract and increased the size of the batch.

I still need to investigate exactly what happened and develop a fix for it. The code was running so clean for months I find it bizarre that we are all suddenly uncovering so many new and obviously latent problems. I must have angered the code gods and didn't realize it.
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Return to Registration help / Login help / Game issues / Bugs