[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
thatBreweryGame.com • View topic - Brewing malfunction today

Brewing malfunction today

Request help with registration, login, labels, or other game issues

Brewing malfunction today

Postby StoutMan » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:07 pm

Robc-
I was brewing a batch of Big Bear Stout today and near the end of the mash, the too cold icon appeared even though I had steadily been applying heat above the optimal line. I brewed out the batch successfully, but when starting the boil I hit the heat kettle 5 times and the heat line never moved off of 0%. I reloaded the page and it sent me back to the sparging step, and when I attempted to continue I got to the boil stage and this time the kettle worked but because of the delay the brew line was all the way up to the top. I aborted brewing and proceeded directly to the forums to notify you of this issue. I am not certain how much I was charged for the ingredients and extra heat applications that did not register, but please let me know if you can refund me for the cost of this batch and look into the problem with the heat button issue.
Thanks,
Stoutman
StoutMan

Re: Brewing malfunction today

Postby Robc » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:17 am

Stout,
It sounds like a packet loss issue and the browser got badly out of synch with the server. This happens occasionally and usually the two resynch themselves automatically. Reloading the batch was the right thing to do and its not unusual for the brewing step/stage to fall back a bit... that's part of the resynching process. Since it went all pear shaped on you I checked your batch against your previous batches for that style, your quality is actually higher than you have achieved lately in that style so I haven't touched that... you did pay about $400 more than usual for the batch so I have credited your brewery with $400 for your trouble. At this point I am not going to worry about it further... but if anything similar happens again then please shout out in case I have misinterpreted the cause. Thanks for reporting the problem!
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Return to Registration help / Login help / Game issues / Bugs