[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
thatBreweryGame.com • View topic - batch gone missing reward offered

batch gone missing reward offered

Request help with registration, login, labels, or other game issues

batch gone missing reward offered

Postby riverbottom » Fri May 30, 2014 9:38 pm

i may be delusional or perhaps i was drunk but i swear i brewed a batch of battleaxe scotch ale 2 or so days ago and its gone missing. my only 2 ideas are that:
A) as stated above i was drunk and delusional and lay on the couch stewing in my own juices and daydreamed i brewed the batch
B) the batch was set to go to conditioning room (with automatic bottling) during the server work, and something went awry.
riverbottom

Re: batch gone missing reward offered

Postby Robc » Sat May 31, 2014 5:42 pm

I dug into this River and at first glance my logs told me that you had two batches 'autobottled' and sent to the conditioning room and everything was great. But knowing that you are not typically delusional I decided to look closer. First checking your conditioning room state in the daily backup logs I could see that two batches were completed but only one batch showed up in the conditioning room contrary to the logs. I got suspicious and looked at the code and found two different possible error states with many possible causes that would cause the batch to complete ok but fail to transfer and which would not produce a log entry as to the error... just bad coding on my part. So I don't know what happened exactly but I suspect that it either was related to the server down state or something else. This appears to be the first time that two auto-bottle events occurred at exactly the same moment in time so I am wondering about that as a possible cause also... I will check this possibility on the testing server as soon as I get a chance.

Anyway, bottom line is that I know everything about the batch you lost and I have been able to put it into your conditioning room and model it as if it had always been there... so you got your beer back! Let me know if it looks ok from your end.

Secondly, whatever happened 'might' happen again since I don't what happened exactly. I have corrected the code to give me a log entry as to the nature of the problem if the batch fails to appear in the conditioning room. Note that my logs fill with thousands of spam entries on minor issues every day so this is only good for forensics or if I happen to be watching the streaming logs and see it. That means keep your eyes pealed for a recurrence for me so I can check back. Sorry about that but its the best I can do for now. I will be watching the autobottle entries a little closer now to try to detect it also.
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Postby riverbottom » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:36 am

not to question you on it cause i obviously know very little about coding or programming, but how is it possible that two auto-bottle events occurred at the exact same time? wouldnt that mean that i had to finish brewing both batches at exactly the same time, and besides cheating, and being very crafty and precise about it, i dont know that its possible.
but to answer you, yes everything now looks good on my end. thank you, once again, for the fast response and perfect fix.
youre the man robc!
riverbottom

Postby Robc » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:59 pm

A perfectly reasonable question! The autobottle routine only runs and checks batches every 15 minutes so it doesn't bottle the brew exactly 24 hours after it is fermented but sometime between 24:00 and 24:15 hours. With enough "speed-brewing-up" upgrades it is entirely possible (although difficult) to complete brewing in under 15 minutes.

The other possibility and the one that occurred here was that the auto-bottle code was not running after the outage and did not restart until I manually restarted the pub (they are connected for convenience). In that time that the auto-bottler was off more than one batch became ready to bottle and on code startup they were both bottled simultaneously.

I am really not convinced this is the culprit but it was the only 'unique' feature of the event that I could immediately see that might have caused the fail. Hopefully I will catch the next one with my new log entries or perhaps better yet it was a one time event and will never recur.
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Postby riverbottom » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:44 pm

thanks for the explanation robc. i did in fact have 2 batches in fermenters that were about an hour and a half apart.
riverbottom

Return to Registration help / Login help / Game issues / Bugs