[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
thatBreweryGame.com • View topic - opening game

opening game

Request help with registration, login, labels, or other game issues

opening game

Postby riverbottom » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:15 pm

robc,
not a big one as i obviously made it in to the game today.
but.....
i keep the game bookmarked. today when i clicked the bookmark my screen turned white and a little window popped up and asked for a username and password and the dialog box said something along the lines of "game registered to games by robc" not word for word i forget the exact text but when i closed that box i got an error screen saying access denied error 404 or something...again i do not remember exactly. i dropped the bookmarks list again an it opened fine. maybe it was on my end but it worked fine the next time. not sure if anyone else has had this, so im throwin it out there
riverbottom

Re: opening game

Postby Robc » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:42 pm

Hmmm... let me know if this recurs.

What has happened is that my server provider has forced me to change every password in the system and they have added new security measures. This is in response to Heartbleed (discussed in another thread) and 2 other threats one which they advised me has resulted in an attack on our server (though they have not provided me details). Anyway, I have made the password changes and I am noticing that access to some directories and files on the system seem to no longer accept the original log in and are requiring to submit credentials over and over again. That is what happened to you, you were asked to submit server access credentials. That should NEVER happen on a public facing website and if it recurs then I have a new problem that I have to track down and quickly.

Thanks for letting me know, what seems like a little thing could be a big issue especially if any new arrivals come across a message of that sort, many of them will not try again and will be lost forever. Thanks River.
-Robc
Robc
Site Admin

Return to Registration help / Login help / Game issues / Bugs